Impact Study for SRDS
The aim of this study was to identify and quantify the impact SRDS’s systems are having on the quality and levels of clients’ water supply where systems have been implemented. Additionally, this study looked to find out whether or not the rainwater harvesting systems are impacting the lives of the clients and their families and raising their socioeconomic status.
Without the proper knowledge or resources to complete a scientific study, I had to use a simple interview technique to gather the appropriate data. I developed two different questionnaires: one meant for clients with rooftop harvesting systems and one meant for clients with bore well recharge systems. The questions pertaining to the rooftop harvesting systems focused on the effect the system had on the water quality, whether or not the clients drank the water, and the economic benefits they realized from the system. The questions related to the bore well recharge systems focused on the before and after of the water flow, acres planted, time needed to irrigate the land and other such agricultural related activities.
Impact Study of NABARD Rural innovation project
How does this project best address a specific issue in this area?
In this area most of the farmers depend on bore wells for irrigation because they do not have either rivers or canals. The farmers face water scarcity during post monsoon and summer season because the underground water level is depleted due to digging of many bore wells in the nearby places. Underground water table is 300 to 400 feet depth. All open wells are dried in villages. So, farmers are diverting from the agriculture and in search of their livelihood they are migrating to the nearest cities. The core problem is lack of ground water availability.
How we implemented this project ?
- We selected Belavantar,Tabakad honnalli, Somanakoppa ,Tavarageri,and Aralihonda , of Dharwad district Kalagatagi Taluk .
- We visited Grama sabha all respected villages and gave information about bore well recharge techniques.
- Visited the farmer’s land and their bore wells. e
- During meeting with selected bore well farmers we discussed the budget of bore well recharge – specifically related to the NABARD contribution and farmers contribution.
- Discussed with them how NABARD will help them with their bore well recharge project.